A Cedar Rapids-based company plans a multi-million dollar expansion. Cedar Rapids Mayor Paul Pate says Iowa Glass Company will spend 10-million dollars to construct two new buildings in Cedar Rapids. One will be a two-story, 50-thousand-square-foot headquarters. The other will be a 160-thousand-square-foot warehouse and distribution center. The company will vacate its current plant once the project’s done. Iowa Glass currently employs 235 people in the Cedar Rapids area, and will add another 35 people to the payroll as a result of the expansion. The average wage for the new employees will be almost 21-dollars-an-hour. Mayor Pate says the city is extending some property tax breaks to the business for the next 10 years as an incentive.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!