A 40-year-old northeast Iowa man died after an explosion and fire last night in his auto repair shop in New Hartford, just west of Waterloo. Todd Johnson ran Todd’s Repair Shop. The cause of the blast is under investigation but foul play is not suspected. It may have been an overflow of oil. Investigators are back on the scene today. Johnson died at University Hospitals in Iowa City overnight. As a precaution, several apartments and four houses were evacuated as crews battled the fire.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime