Another Iowa soldier has been injured in Iraq. The Iowa National Guard says one of its troops was hurt during the on-going effort in Iraq and he’s been evacuated to a military hospital in Germany. The Guard isn’t saying how Private First Class David Kirchoff of Anamosa was hurt, nor is his condition being released. The 31-year-old Kirchoff is a member of the 2168th Transportation Company, based in Cedar Rapids. The unit was called to duty in February. He’s the fourth Iowa Guardsman injured in the war in Iraq. Four other Iowans in uniform have been killed.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!