Clair Peterson of the John Deere Classic is smiling these days and you can’t blame him. The first-year director feels the tournament will have its strongest field in decades. VeeJay Singh is scheduled to take part and earlier this week Greg Norman committed to play in this year’s tournament in Coal Valley, Illinois near the Quad Cities. Former British Open champ Mark Calcaveccia and former U.S. Open champ Scott Simpson will also play in next month’s tournament.Peterson says the calendar has helped the tournament this year, as the September date allows players time to recover after the British Open. He says the four years the course has been open has created a buzz. Peterson says plenty of tickets remain for all four days of the tournament.Peterson says the easiest way to get tickets is to go to www.johndeereclassic.com and order on-line. Or you can call 1-309-762-GOLF for tickets. The tournament is September 11th through the 14th.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!