A Mason City native is dead after sustaining injuries in yesterday’s bombing of the Baghdad headquarters of the United Nations. The family of 47-year-old Martha Teas Meiklejohn was informed earlier this morning that their daughter was pronounced dead at a Baghdad hospital after being taken there after the blast. Meiklejohn was in her office at the U.N. headquarters working with the UNICEF and World Food Program organizations. Meiklejohn had been in Baghdad for six weeks, working with the U.N. in Afghanistan before going to Iraq. Meiklejohn and her husband Jaime, resided in Delta Colorado. He did not accompany his wife on her Baghdad assignment. Teas is the daughter of Tom Teas of Mason City.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal