It’s cleanup day today at the Oskaloosa Municipal Airport after the unscheduled landing of a wind storm Wednesday. Strong gusting winds caused and estimated 30 to 40-thousand dollars worth of damage according to airport manager John Barens. Barens says five privately owner planes and one row of hangers were damaged in the storm. Barens says everything was locked down, but that didn’t stop the estimated 70 to 80 mile an hour winds from ripping off twelve hangar doors and damaging two others.Some planes were pushed back into the building, which is the oldest at the airport, and is insured. Barens says the debris clean up will continue throughout today and tomorrow.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness