In his third year of a rebuilding project William Penn football coach Jim Cox expects the program to take another step forward this season. The Statesmen are comiing off a 4-7 campaign in 2002 in which injuries, especially in the offensive line played a factor. He says they’ve been redshirting people to build their depth. Kentrell Jones takes over at quarterback. He was the South Carolina high school player of the year back in 1998. Cox says this year’s team will have a lot more talent but still be very young, as they’ll only start two seniors and play seven teams that’re ranked in the preseason. Penn opens September sixth at Drake.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Dubuque wins millions in federal money for flood protection system updgrade
- Iowa continues to see lack of dentists who will take Medicaid patients
- Contest to choose state’s best breaded pork tenderloin down to 5 establishments
- Cedar Rapids Schools closed after online threat
- Iowa’s DeJean and Jackson honored by B1G