Iowa Congressman Steve King, a Republican from Kiron, is in Israel all this week. King says the trip has two purposes — it’s a fact-finding and diplomatic mission that he’s been invited on by a group that arranges such missions. King says the key Middle East leaders have been invited to meet with the delegation. The Middle East continues to be wracked by violence, but King says that didn’t deter him from wanting to go. He says he asked for the trip and accepted it in spite of the violence because he says it’s the “pressure point” for peace. King says he’s going because he’ll never understand the situation until he’s talked with the people there. King will return August 31st.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal