Drake opened and closed the scoring but in between Illinois State dominated as the Bulldogs fell 27-13 in their season opener Thursday night. Illinois State’s ground game was too powerful as the Redbirds piled up 282 yards of rushing in the contest. It was an impressive debut for new Drake quarterback Connor Jostes who ended up with 247 yards of passing including a 17 yard scoring strike to Shea Moroni in the closing moments of the game. Jonathan Taylor opened the scoring with a one yard run midway through the opening quarter.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Taylor will not resign as county supervisor after wife’s voter fraud convictions
- Ramaswamy calls on Iowa’s governor, GOP rivals to take a stand on carbon pipelines
- Warmer weather is on the way
- Lawsuit challenges Iowa law on sexually-graphic books, discussions of sexual orientation in K-6 classes
- Iowa players honored by B1G