A parade of pretty pooches is in Iowa’s capitol for this weekend’s Des Moines Kennel Club Dog Show. The club’s treasurer, Jamie Ward, says this promises to be one of the biggest years yet as the Iowa show gets nationwide attention.They’re expecting about two-thousand dogs from about 45 states and several foreign countries. Ward says there should be at least 150 varieties of dogs on display.There is a confirmation competition, basically a beauty contest, and obedience trials, which are among the largest-attended in the country. The show is being held at the Iowa State Fairgrounds today and tomorrow. For more information, surf to “www.onofrio.com”.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk