A pedestrian was killed in north-central Iowa over the weekend. A 19-year-old Dallas Center man was killed Sunday on Interstate 35 in Franklin County. He’s identified as Nathan Ballard, who was reportedly wandering down the middle of the highway after his car was involved in an earlier accident. The motorist who struck Ballard is identified as 65-year-old JoAnn Hejna of Ventura. Ballard was pronounced dead at the scene. No charges have been filed.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk