Some eastern Iowa factory workers are back on the job today for the first time in weeks. Union workers at the Eagle-Ottawa Tannery in Waterloo had been on strike for six weeks. They agreed to a contract Friday. Union workers say the rumor that the company was planning to bring in replacement workers may’ve led to members approving the contract.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk