There was one fatality in two separate accidents in northeast Iowa involving a school bus and a bike. A Waterloo man died after the bike he was riding was struck by a truck last night on Highway 63 three miles south of Denver. 48-year-old Maurice Day was pronounced dead at the scene. Only minor injuries were reported in a school bus accident near Postville. The driver of the bus, 44-year-old Kalen Mayer of Castalia, became distracted when students changed seats. The bus went into the ditch and rolled over onto its right side. The students were able to get out the rear door and walked to a nearby house and called for help.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk