Iowa’s largest manufacturing employer is being honored by a national senior citizens group.Quad Cities-based Deere and Company is among 25 companies named by A-A-R-P on its annual list of “Best Employers for Workers over 50.” The nonprofit, nonpartisan association says the list highlights the outstanding efforts of employers to give employees who’re 50 and older greater flexibility and training to upgrade their skills. The criteria include recruitment practices, continuing opportunities for advancement, flexible work schedules, and benefits for current employees and retirees. Among the others joining Deere on the list are: Volkswagen of America, Whirlpool and Hoffmann-La Roche. A-A-R-P’s magazine will include feature stories on the Best Employers in the November-December issue.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk