Two eastern Iowa women have died from bacterial meningitis. A 20-year-old University of Northern Iowa student from Cedar Rapids died at a Cedar Rapids hospital and a 29-year-old Waterloo woman died at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. Black Hawk County Health Director Tom O’Rourke says there’s no known link between the two cases. O’Rourke says they’re trying to contact anyone who may’ve had close contact with the women. O’Rourke says they got the information out as quickly as possible to squelch rampant rumors about the cases. O’Rourke says the general public should not be concerned about an outbreak.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sen. Grassley to question Sec. Vilsack on passage of Farm Bill
- Just back from the border, Nunn talks with Iowans about stopping opioids
- Wife of murdered Iowa prison guard calls for expanding union rights
- Bill tightens Iowa’s ban on foreign ownership of farmland
- House sends governor repeal of Iowa’s gender balance rule for boards, commissions