This weekend wraps up the events for “Arson Awareness Week.” State Fire Marshal Jim Kenkel says vandalism is the top type of arson in Iowa, spite/revenge fires are the second most common and often the most deadliest. He says fires set for fraud are the third most common. Kenkel says the vandalism fires can be the toughest to solve. He says a lot of times they may just be a little fire, like kids setting hay bales on fire or setting a grass fire. Kenkel says they need the public’s help in solving all types of fires and asks you to call your state or local law enforcement officials if you suspect a fire is suspicious.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting
- Report: Cancer cases are rising in Iowa while cancer deaths fall