A man in the southeast Iowa town of Lockridge was apparently killed by his stove over the weekend. Richard Aplara was killed when the wood-burning stove exploded on Sunday. The State Fire Marshal’s office has been called in to aid the Jefferson County Sheriff’s office in the investigation.Also in southeast Iowa, a weekend hay rack ride turned deadly. A man died after he tried to jump onto the moving hayrack as it was being pulled by a pickup truck in Van Buren County. 28-year-old Matthew Billingsley of Farmington was run over by the tires of the trailer. The state patrol says charges -are- pending.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A sure sign spring is coming: The Home + Garden Show opens today
- Iowa farmer calls on Congress to pass ‘climate-smart’ Farm Bill
- Public weighs in on AEA changes during hearing at Iowa Capitol
- Author of memoir about being a foster care parent to speak in Iowa tonight
- Teen dies in Howard County farm accident