A northeast Iowa firefighter died Monday after fighting a grass fire. The fire happened in Bremer County just west of Oran. Fire departments from Fairbank, Oran and Readlyn responded to the fire, which was apparently cause by burning trash. Oran firefighter, 49-year-old Jim Richards, suffered chest pains after fighting the fire. Richards was taken to the Oelwein hospital where he later died. Richards may’ve suffered a heart attack. The fire burned 80 acres and a storage shed.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness