Another election Tuesday may’ve been a start toward settling the leadership dispute that forced the closing of the Meskwaki Casino in Tama. The two leadership councils each set up a polling place Tuesday, one at the tribal center and one at the school The Bureau of Indian Affairs says it will only recognize the votes cast at the tribal center. The leader of the group that conducted the tribal center election, Homer Bear Junior, was one of the people elected.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk