Several district championships are up for grabs during week eight of the high school football season. The district nine title is on the line in Class 2A as 6th ranked Missouri Valley travels to number-three Clarinda. Missouri Valley is on the verge of a playoff berth after bouncing back from a disappointing 4-5 record in 2002. Missouri Valley coach Brian Knott says you have to know the x’s and o’s, but he says you have to know how to play too. Knott says Clarinda deserves its number-three ranking as they’ve hammered almost everyone they’ve played and have a division one quarterback.Knott says there are two things the Big Red must do to have a chance — they can’t give up big plays, and he says they need to move the ball to keep it away from Clarinda’s offense.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk