Two former employees of Newton-based Maytag have filed lawsuits claiming wrongful employment practices. Former payroll clerk Kirk Selby is suing after being fired. He had worked at the company nearly 29 years and claims the company discriminated against him because of his age. He says he would have had a better pension when he reached 30 years of service, plus he would’ve been entitled to lifetime medical coverage, and a death benefit. Selby’s lawsuit says two other employees older than him were not let go. Trula Allen, a production line worker, claims that after she had breast augmentation surgery she was sexually harrassed.She says the company did nothing about the harassment. Allen says the emotional trauma forced her to go on medical leave, and eventually quit.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk