Two Algona-area teens are in trouble for taking a car for a test-drive…and wrecking it. Lee Parrish, a salesman at an auto dealership in Algona, says an 18-year-old came in and asked to test drive a 2001 Olds Alero. Authorities now charge Chris Draper took the car, picked up an Algona 17-year-old and let him drive. The two allegedly left town and took a highway at high speed, hitting a curb and shearing off a pole. They were not hurt. The 17-year-old, who had no license or insurance, is charged with failure to have control and no insurance. Charges are pending against Draper. Residents tell police the two went around town bragging about their exploits, after they were released.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk