A gambling vote in a southwest Iowa county was close Tuesday. Voters in Wapello County approved a referendum that would allow gambling in the county. There were 23-hundred-71 votes for the measure and two-thousand and 54 against. Wapello County joins Palo Alto, Worth and Black Hawk County in voting to approve gambling. Wappello County Supervisor Jerry Parker says the close vote may hurt the county if the Racing and Gaming Commission decides to hand out new gambling licenses.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk
- Hinson says younger drivers key to national trucker shortage
- Four Iowa cities set records for December warmth