Webster County has a new sheriff, James Stubbs was appointed yesterday and will serve until the next general election in November of 2004. Stubbs is a 15-year veteran of the department and has served as chief deputy the past five years. He replaces Chuck Griggs who resigned last month due to health reasons. Griggs also faces charges of misappropriating ten-thousand dollars in county money during a six-year period. He’s to go on trial in December.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature