Two of the three teams that tied for the Iowa Conference football championship last season collide in Waverly on Saturday as Wartburg plays host to Coe. Wartburg is sixth ranked nationally in division three and 5-0 in the league race. With a victory, the Knights could lock up the conference title next week. Coe is 3-2 after a 66-63 win over arch-rival Cornell which set a record as the highest scoring division three game of all time. Coe coach Eric Raeburn says the game was a little too excited. He says the win was nice, but he says the defense needs a much better effort this week. He says Wartburg’s defense is very good and they need a good performance to balance that. Another key is the Kohawks must find a way to run the ball against the Wartburg defense. Coe is 3-2 in conference play.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response