The Iowa woman charged with murder who’s gotten encouragment –and bail money– from supporters across the U-S, is being reunited with one of her three children. 36-year-old Dixie Shanahan of Defiance was back in court yesterday — the western Iowa woman charged with killing her abusive husband and keeping the body in a bedroom for a year. The court ruled Shanahan WILL be allowed to regain custody of her nine-month-old daughter, but not her five and seven-year-olds. Attorneys agreed the baby isn’t as emotionally vulnerable as the older kids. Shanahan is slated for a pretrial hearing Monday in Shelby County with the murder trial itself scheduled to being January 27th.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime