Voters in the Allamakee school district in the northeast corner of Iowa defeated a schoolbond issue Tuesday for the ninth time in the last seven years. The nine-point-seven-five million dollar bond issue would’ve paid for a new junior high school, a new gym and other building improvements. The issue included the Waukon, Waterville, Dorchester and Harpers Ferry. It needed 60-percent approval to pass and got just 46-percent of the vote. A similar issue was voted down in April.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk