The Iowa State Cyclones need a victory at Missouri tomorrow to avoid a winless Big-12 season. The Cyclones are 2-9 and meet a Tiger team looking for its eighth victory. Iowa State coach Dan McCarney says Missouri’s quarterback is one of the best in the country, and it’s easy to see why they’re winning when you review the films. McCarney says the Cyclones would love to finish on a positive note. McCarney says “we’re not going in there making any apologies or excuses. We’re going in there to try to win this football game.”The UNI Panthers open the 1-AA national playoffs at home against Montana State. Panther coach Mark Farley says they would love to have a large crowd but with the students on break that’s not as likely. Farley says it will affect the crowd size. Farley says there’s a lot of excitement in the community about the game, and those who come to the UNI-Dome “will see a championship game.” Farley says the one-and-done format of the playoffs is exciting. Farley says from here on out, the games should be fun to watch.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk