A high-speed chase in eastern Iowa early this morning ended with a young woman behind bars. Cedar Rapids police say a patrol officer spotted the speeding car and pulled it over in a residential area about 2:15 this morning. As the officer approached the car, the driver sped away and a chase ensued. Police say the chase stayed within the city limits and reached speeds of 70 miles an hour. Officers used stop sticks and deflated three of the suspect’s four tires. She pulled over and surrendered without a crash. 19-year-old Kayla Boardman, of Cedar Rapids, is charged with driving with a suspended license, operating while intoxicated, attempting to elude and other charges.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Business Council survey finds national economic conditions weighing on the state
- Affordable housing, senior housing remain major obstacles
- Fort Dodge man accused of killing his father
- Central Iowa man charged with murder of four-month-old
- Feds will send emergency test to all phones, radios and TVs this afternoon