The Iowa Hawkeyes won’t know until Sunday where they will be playing in a bowl but fans have been busy putting dibs on tickets. Hawkeye ticket manager Dave Sandstrom says season ticket holders have been allowed to pre-order bowl tickets by mail or the Internet. The most likely destinations are The Capitol One Bowl in Orlando and the Outback Bowl in Tampa. Both will be played on New Year’s Day. Last year, an estimated 50,000 Hawkeye fans traveled to the Orange Bowl but Sandstrum says there won’t be as many Hawk fans in the stadium this time. Sandstrum advises not waiting for Sunday’s announcement to make your request.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Farmers are concerned about dry soil headed into planting season
- DNR confirms dead gray wolf found near Davenport
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws