The Hawkeyes will take a 9-3 record into the game against Florida and Hawkeye coach Kirk Ferentz says the team will leave for Tampa on Christmas Eve. He says they’ll practice pretty hard up until that time and then have an orientation meeting and let the players go for Christmas plans. Last year the players were allowed to go home for Christmas prior to the Orange Bowl. Ferentz says after reviewing that he determined it was one of the things that was disruptive to the preparation and he decided to change it. Ferentz says he discussed the timeline with the seniors over the weekend. He says they’re all in agreement over how they want to handle it. He says they hope to get a majority of the work done before leaving Iowa, so they can have a few days to enjoy the venue.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!