A western Iowa woman who’s out on bail while awaiting her murder trial may soon have all three of her children back. Dixie Shanahan of Defiance could regain custody of her two older children today. Last month, a judge ruled that Shanahan could regain custody of her infant daughter, and she is expected to be reunited with her five-year-old daughter and seven-year-old son as soon as today. Shanahan is charged with first-degree murder in the shotgun slaying of her husband, Scott. She’s accused of killing Scott Shanahan and hiding his body in a bedroom for more than a year. Her murder trial is scheduled to start April Seventh.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal