Three people were injured, one seriously, in a house fire this morning in Creston. Creston Fire Chief Todd Jackson says the fire was in a two-story house.He says the house had been divided into first-floor and second-floor apartments and there was fire coming out of the front of the downstairs apartments when they arrived. Jackson says three people were injured. Three-year-old Chamilla Coulton was flown from the Creston Hospital to Des Moines with burns. The girl’s mother Stephanie Foss suffered burns on her feet and face and was treated and released. He says another child was also treated and released. He says it appears the fire may’ve been started in the children’s bedroom by a space heater, but he says the state Fire Marshal has been called in to help investigate. Jackson says the top floor apartment was not occupied. He says there was extensive damage to the house.
You are here: / / Three burned in Creston fire