If you’re looking for a last-minute gift, the Iowa State University Extension Department suggests you try its 2004 garden calendar. Extension horticulturist Cindy Haynes says the calendar is more than just a way to mark time. She says it’s also a garden journal, it’s a great uplifting thing to look at during the dull, dreary winter. She says it also gives you helpful gardening tips and lists all the extension publications. They’ve been publishing the calendar for the last 25 years, and Haynes says it’s one of the best kept secrets in I-S-U Extension. Haynes says the calendar is sold in some bookstores. You can also get them at your local county extension office, or at www.extension.iastate.edu, on the web. The calendars are available in English and in Spanish.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!