Two Iowa teens had a court appearance Monday in southern Minnesota. The two were arrested Friday night after a woman says they tried to carjack her at a shopping mall in Mankato. The 38-year-old woman says she came out of the mall about 9 p.m. and was forced into her car by the two teens, but she jumped out. They carried pellet guns that investigators say looked a lot like semi-automatic handguns. The woman suffered minor scrapes when she jumped from the moving car. Police say the boys drove around the shopping center’s parking lot, then parked the car and fled on foot. Nineteen-year-old Carlos Chavez from Buffalo Center is in the Blue Earth County jail, and a 17-year-old who told officers he’s an illegal alien from Mexico is being held in a juvenile facility in Mankato.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature