Drake’s two-game win streak ended Sunday night at 23rd-ranked Creighton. The Blue Jays pulled away in the second half for a 78-67 victory as the Bulldogs and coach Tom Davis saw their overall record slip to 6-6. He says it didn’t look like the same team from the beginning, as he says they got out of their rhythm. Davis says that’s a sign of their immaturity, and something they need to learn.Davis says the Bulldogs’ inexperience was evident from the outset playing a nationally ranked team on the road. He says they have to learn the hard way. Drake’s leading scorer, Joshua Robinson, was helped off the court after suffering an ankle injury and Davis says it is too early to tell just how long he might be sidelined. He says they have to wait and see how he feels, as he says every player is a little different in how they respond after an ankle injury. Drake returns to action at home Wednesday night against Illinois State. Davis says if Robinson isn’t back, it will hurt them, as they’ll have to move some people around the fill the minutes he’s been playing.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!