A stunner in Hilton Coliseum. Ann O’Neil’s 15-foot jumper with two-tenths of a second remaining lifted Iowa State to a 64-63 win over top-ranked Texas Tech.Coach Bill Fennelly said on his post game show that the “Good Lord gave us one more basket.” He says the crowd helped push the ball in the basket too. Fennelly says it was the greatest team effort they’ve had at I-S-U in a long, long, time. He says the team did everything they wanted them to do.They Cyclones improve to 8-5 overall.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal