Iowa State and Iowa will step out of conference play to renew their rivalry tomorrow night and it marks the first time since 1984 these teams have met in January. It is only temporary and that’s fine with Cyclone coach Wayne Morgan. He says they’d like to see it played earlier in the non-conference year, but that conflicted with Iowa’s finals schedule.Iowa coach Steve Alford says the game will return to its more traditional mid-December date next season. He says a big part of the move is their fault, and he says they seem to have it figured out to play it on a Friday in the future. Given Iowa’s thinning roster Alford says they could have used the week off. Iowa is 9-5 and Iowa State is 10-3.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk