This past week was “Get Smart About Insurance Week” nationwide. Tom Alger, a spokesman for the Iowa Insurance Division, says the goal is to educate people.He says they want to educate about what your’re purchasing, and what your options are regarding insurance and costs. Alger says the Iowa division has a website available to answer questions.He says you can find out about your agent, companies, you can ask questions or register a complaint when something isn’t going right. The website is www.iid.state.ia.us, or you can call the toll-free number 877-955-1212. Alger says one of the biggest things they stress is shopping around for insurance.He says the industry is competitive, so it may mean you’re able to get the same coverage at a better price. He says you should schedule an annual visit with your insurance agent to talk over your coverage. Alger says a national study shows only about 34-percent of people say they understand the details of their insurance coverage.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!