The Iowa Hawkeyes return to Big Ten action at Michigan. The Hawkeyes are 3-2 in conference play and coach Steve Alford feels his team has made big strides in the last couple of weeks despite the loss of Jared Reiner to injury and Mike Henderson to grade problems.The Wolverines are 2-3 in the Big Ten and Alford says both teams have had their problems with turnovers, but bounced back with a road win at Penn State to gain some momentum.Alford says the Hawks need to take care of the ball against a variety of defenses.Michigan coach Tommy Ammaker hopes the Wolverines can build on their win at Penn State over the weekend. He says sometimes you get a false sense of security just by coming home, and he says he hopes his team doesn’t do that.Ammaker says the Wolverines are seeing better results when they limit mistakes.Iowa is 10-6 overall. Michigan is 11-5.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting
- Report: Cancer cases are rising in Iowa while cancer deaths fall