One man is hospitalized and another is in jail following a shooting in Waterloo over the weekend. Police were called to the scene just after midnight Sunday. Officers learned that while responding to the call, someone transported 18-year-old Todd Roe of Waterloo to a nearby hospital for treatment. Upon investigation, police learned that 20-year-old Willie Newson of Chicago was the suspect in the case. Newson was arrested and charged with intimidation with a dangerous weapon. Meanwhile, Roe remains hospitalized, but his condition isn’t being released. Police continue to investigate.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!