A Jones County jury took just over an hour to find an Iowa City man guilty of criminally transmitting H-I-V to another person. 23-year-old Adam Musser allegedly had unprotected sex with an Iowa City woman over a year ago, even though he knew he had the virus that causes AIDS. The trial was moved to Anamosa due to pre-trial publicity. State law requires a person to inform a sexual partner if they’ve tested positive for H-I-V. This is the second conviction for Musser — he was found guilty of the same charge in Benton County last month. Musser faces two more trials in March and April.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature