Iowa State senior Jackson Vroman has been named the Big-12 Conference player of the week. Vroman averaged 18 points and ten rebounds in two games this past week, including a 20-point, nine rebound effort in Saturdays 78-77 upset win over 11th ranked Texas.Cyclone coach Wayne Morgan says Vroman has worked hard and proved that he’s one of the better big guys in the conference, and Morgan says he’s also one of the better big guys in the country. Curtis Stinson’s age became a topic of discussion during today’s Big-12 teleconference. Stinson is one of the favorites for the league’s “freshman of the year award” and Texas coach Rick Barnes said being 21 gave Stinson an advantage over other freshman, though Barnes said that should not disqualify him from winning the award. Stinson spent two years in a prep school and Morgan said his age should not be a factor. He says it’s about how you play and how you compete, and says age has nothing to do with it.Morgan was agitated that Stinson’s age was even a topic. He says Stinson is a wonderful player who has played tremendously well. Morgan says he hasn’t asked others for birth certificates and doesn’t see why it would come up.I-S-U returns to action Wednesday at Missouri.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting
- Report: Cancer cases are rising in Iowa while cancer deaths fall