Clinton County officials say they’ve completed their investigation of a fatal house fire in Delmar Sunday. The fire claimed the life of four-year-old Eve Peterson. Sheriff Ric Lincoln says the preliminary investigation shows the girl died from smoke inhalation. The investigation continues into the cause of the fire. Investigators says a report from the Iowa State Fire Marshal’s office is pending after evidence is processed at the D-C-I Lab. Officials says it will take several weeks to process all the information.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!