An ex-law officer from southeast Iowa is headed to court. Former Fairfield police officer Cameron Cooksey will go to trial June 22nd after submitting a written plea yesterday in Jefferson County District Court on charges of 2nd degree theft. The state Attorney General’s office accuses Cooksey of misappropriating some 15-hundred dollars in seized property from the police department in December of 2003. Cooksey resigned last month. His father, Randy Cooksey, is Fairfield’s police chief.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal