The Class 3A opening round is complete at the Boys’ State Basketball Tournament. Webster City’s Ian Curran hit back-to-back three pointers in the waning moments of overtime as Fairfield rallied from a five point deficit to post a 58-56 victory in a class 3A quarterfinal. Curran’s game winner came with about 30-seconds remaining. He found himself wide open near the top of the key. Webster city had a chance to send it to a second overtime but Andy Brim missed a point blank shot and a put back with five seconds remaining. Curran finished with 18-points,including four-of-nine from behind the arc, and says the Trojans did not lose confidence despite a five-point deficit in overtime. Free throw shooting was another factor. Webster City made just three of nine attempts in the game and had three key misses in overtime. Coach Mark Davis says they practice free throws every practice.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk