Governor Tom Vilsack’s offering to help round up votes in the Senate for a gambling bill that allows the addition of table games at Iowa race tracks but forbids the development of new casinos. Vilsack has told republican legislative leaders he wants something in return. Vilsack wants “stronger linkage” between a gambling debate and his request that legislators find a permanent source of financing for the Iowa Values Fund, the new state economic development program. Vilsack also seeks additional money for the “Vision Iowa” program which hands out grants for community improvement projects.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!