The University of Northern Iowa Panthers are played in the NCAA mens’ basketball tournament against Georgia Tech today in Milwaukee. The Panthers built an early 7-2 lead, then fell behind 39-27 at the half. They rallied at the start of the second half to take a one point lead. The Panthers fell behind again — but rallied late in the game and missed a three pointer to tie the game with point-six seconds to go and lost the game 65-60. David Gruber led the Panthers with 16 points and Matt Schneiderman had 15 points.U-N-I finishes the season at 21-10.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Senate GOP aims to eliminate state income tax
- With deer season underway, Iowa hunters are urged to secure their shotguns
- Register’s ‘Iowa Poll’ shows Trump lead growing
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker