While U-N-I and the University of Iowa have been knocked out of the N-C-A-A mens’ and womens’ basketball tournaments, there’s still a state connection remaining. Iowa State University is hosting the West Region of the womens’ tournament, and the second round game featuring Villanova and Purdue is tomorrow night at Hilton Coliseum. I-S-U associate athletic director, Calli Sanders, says there are plenty of tickets for the game. While none of the womens’ teams from the state are playing, Sanders says people who enjoy good basketball should come out to the game.She says Purdue is a number two seed and has a chance to win a few games. She says it’s fun to see new teams play. Sanders says they had around 24-hundred people attend the first game.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature