Authorities are now revealing details of a northwest Iowa teenager who’s jailed in Emmet County on explosives charges. Using a search warrant Sunday night, authorities found gun powder, pipe, fuses and shotgun shot, in addition to a fully-assembled bomb that only lacked a fuse in the apartment of 18-year-old Edward Azar of Estherville. Bond is set at 13-thousand dollars. If convicted, Azar could face ten years in prison and/or a ten-thousand dollar fine. Federal charges are also pending.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Ramaswamy calls on Iowa’s governor, GOP rivals to take a stand on carbon pipelines
- Warmer weather is on the way
- Lawsuit challenges Iowa law on sexually-graphic books, discussions of sexual orientation in K-6 classes
- Iowa players honored by B1G
- Iowa’s DeJean and Taylor are finalists for national awards